Sunday 24 August 2014

The Liebster Award

I have been nominated by the lovely Sarah (from The Wee Blog) to receive the Liebster award!
I was laid one morning in bed checking my emails on my phone (as I was expecting a few parcels to be delivered), and I saw that I had received a comment on one of my posts by Sarah. 
Now this was nothing new to me as Sarah has commented on my posts before, and I hers. But I went downstairs and made some toast and fired up my laptop to see that she was telling me that she had nominated me for this award. 

Now I have seen this award floating around for quite some time but never really understood what it was and what it was awarded for. Since being nominated I have been somewhat cornered into finding out what it is. 

So heres the lowdown for all you people just as clueless as me.. 
The Liebster Award is an award that is passed around the blogging community and given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers. This award is simply a way of discovering new blogs and getting to know each other better!


Rules!



1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions. 

Facts


1. I am 18 years old.
2. I am going to University to study Psychology in September. 
3. I am a Cath Kidston addict. 
4. I got A*BC at A-Level. Studying Photography, Psychology and Art & Design.
5. I have 2 younger sisters called Victoria and Alexandra. 
6. My favourite thing to eat is carrot cake. 
7. I'm a lover of retro and vintage things. Hence the Cath Kidston addiction. 
8. My first concert was My Chemical Romance. 
9. I love taking photos. But hate being in them.
10. My favourite fruit is pineapple. 
11. I have semi-skimmed milk in my cup of tea. 

Questions


In order to accept the award you have to answer questions that have been asked by the blog that nominated you. So here goes!


1. On a friday night would you rather go out partying or stay in and watch a movie?
Many people (including my close friends) expect me to be a person that likes to go out partying all the time, however I couldn't think of anything worse! I'm all for going out for a meal or a trip to the cinema, but partying in a club? With drunk people crawling all over me? No thanks. I would much rather stay in a watch a nice film! 

2. Heels or flats?
I love both! But if I had to choose I'd say flats. Hands down. No question about it. Being 5ft11" and then wearing heels makes me a skyscraper and I hate the awkwardness of being taller than EVERYONE. Having to bend down in awkward postions to fit in photos. Not fun.

3. Do you have any wierd habits?
I don't know if you would class this a weird habit, but I hate talking on the phone! I find it awkward and stressful. I ignore calls on my mobile and then send a text saying something along the lines of "I'm sorry I missed your call, was it anything important?". Quite a few of my close friends know about my habit and phone me up just to hear my reaction! ha!

4. If you had the chance to perform/act alongside any artist/actor, who would it be and why?
Oooh good question! I sure hope this can include dead people? 
If it can, I would choose Fred Astaire. I would love love love to dance with him just once. That would be incredible!
If it can't, I'd choose to perform with Tom Odell. Being one of my all time favourite muscians it would be a dream to sing on stage with him.
(So you know Tom if you're reading this..)

5. What is your favourite time of year?
I take it this means season and not a specific time? 
I love autumn! How you can still get the odd summer days. How the leaves turn golden and fall off the trees. Perfection!

6. What is your favourite colour?
Purple! 

7. What gave you the idea to start a blog of your own?
I have always admired and read various blogs, but never really thought about starting my own. Then when I finished college/sixthform in June this year, I was suddenly left with nothing to do. The past  14 years of my life had been dedicated to school and getting all my work done, revising for exams etc. And so I had no idea what to do with my time. Then one day I logged onto bloglovin' and someone I follow had posted tips on how to be a better blogger and that was it really! I set up my blog incorporating their  advice and tadah, my blog was born!

8. Cake or ice-cream?
Seriously! You expect me to choose! 
I'd have to say cake! I'm a sucker for a good piece of carrot cake. Even the bad pieces. Just give me carrot cake!

9. Fashion or beauty?
Hmmm. Beauty! Don't ask me why or I will probably change my mind and say fashion.

10. If you got offered the chance to travel to any place in any country in the whole world, where would you go?
I feel like this question was made just for me? 
I recently wrote a blog post about the top 5 places I would love to visit if I had an unlimited budget. Top of the list was Amsterdam. But a very close second was Banff National Park in Alberta, Canada. 

11. Fizzy drink or fruit juice?
Although I am currently writing this with a glass of orange juice in my hand. I would have to say fizzy drinks. I am a sucker for a glass of Coca-Cola.


I nominate!

Okay, I have realised that the majority of blogs I follow have over 200 followers. And the ones that have less have already been nominated..


With the questions…

1. If you could visit anywhere where would you go and why?
2. Who is your favourite blogger? (excluding me of course. Otherwise it wouldn't be a fair question!)
3. How would you describe yourself in 5 words?
4. Where are you from?
5. What is one thing on your bucket list?
6. When did you start your blog and what made you do it?
7. What is your most treasured possession and why is it so special to you?
8. Are you a bath or shower person?
9. What is your favourite ice-cream flavour?
10. What is one thing you couldn't live without?
11. What is your signature perfume?

Thanks for reading!
Love Charlotte x




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment!

© Charlotte Sophia Roberts. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig